Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Flying Eyes

After Tate had been up to see Kevin and his surgeon and doctor at OHSU he was worn out. His eye was irritating him a lot which caused him to rub it a lot. Once again he woke up and it was turned upside down and looking funky.

Tate's options before we headed off to school were to let me spin it or to take it out and put it back in. He seemed to think that it would hurt to spin, so he wanted to take it out and put it back in. By the way, they draw a small picture on the top of the eye so you know which side is up. I can't tell you what Tate picked, it is a secret, but if you ask him, he just might tell you.

We got the eye out fine and then I had it in (still with the suction thing on it) and Tate went to grab the suction thing to pull it off and there goes Tate's eye flying across the kitchen floor. Wow, never in my wildest dreams would I ever imagine that I would be in that kind of a situation. I stayed calm chasing after a very expensive eye. Tate wasn't very happy with me. We did get in and off to school we went.

5 comments:

Katie Smith said...

Oh my goodness Jamie. I'm a blogging loser these days so I hate to admit that it's been a while since I've read your blog. I just spent the last 45 minutes reading every post about Tate and his eye. What an experience you have been having...my heart goes out to you and your sweet little Tate. I'm glad that he seems to be doing well, and I hope that the future continues to be bright for him. I cannot even imagine how difficult the entire things has been for you! If there is ever anything I can do for you (even if from a distance) let me know.

I love you!

Latessa said...

I had to giggle, the image of an eye flying across the kitchen floor isn't something you think of!! Thanks for the smile. I'm glad you were able to get it back in. Tate! Next time maybe your dad should do it?! lol

Molly said...

Wow Jaime, that is amazing. I didn't know he had gotten an eye. Reminds me of what's his name from High School, can't remember. But I remember when he put his eye in his spaghetti at a soccer dinner. Dang what was his name? Sounds like an intersting situation for sure!

Jaime said...

Aaron Davis...I believe=) Tate's eye isn't round like his...it is more like a huge contact lens. The implant is round and the muscles are attached to that, so that never comes out. I need to post some pics of Tate's new eye.

Breanna said...

Thanks for your blog address...I love to read blogs and blog!!
It's a quick way to get to know someone a little better!
I had never heard of coats disease before. It sounds like you are all taking it in stride. It is nice that children are so resilient. It seems that these types of things are always hardest on us.