Thursday, October 8, 2009

Free Vision Screening

I highly recommend getting your kids eyes checked by three-years-old. This is what was recommended by our pediatric ophthalmologist. Due to Tate's experience, Logan and Carter have already been checked and will continue to have yearly eye exams. Tate sees his ophthalmologist every six months to check his good eye and his surgeon every year.

This is a link to free vision screening in the Portland, Oregon area.

http://www.oregonlive.com/health/index.ssf/2009/10/post_7.html

5 comments:

Molly said...

I totally agree! With HAdyen's vision problems, I have now gotten each of my kids checked at 12 months. Jaime - do you ever see toddlers who you know clearly have a vision problem now? I notice it all the time - the turned in eye, or one eye not working with the other, etc. when we are at parks or the mall, etc. I always wonder if I should mention it to the parent. I just feel so bad for the child, and a lot of times, parents don't know what to look for unless they've expoerienced it! It's also amazing how often their eyes change, Hayden's prescription has changed about every other appointment and he is alos seen every 6 months.

Hallenbergers said...

Hey I should still have your photos. So you just want me to up load them to a costco near you and you could just go and get the CD?! Just let me know! Great to hear from you! Your kids are getting sooooo BIG!

Johanna

Jaime said...

That would be awesome! We usually go to Tigard Costco. Thank you so much. Just let me know when and I will go get them.

Carter Family said...

Thanks for the post. I just finished a website for the place in Utah, www.friendsforsight.com. Hope you guys are doing well!

Hallenbergers said...

Your CD is ready at Costco!!